Objection: Election guarantees salvation and, therefore, the elect do not need a savior
God choosing us for salvation (2 Thess. 2:13) before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), so that we would be saved by the
work of Christ. Election for salvation is never apart from the sacrificial work of Jesus' sacrifice. Election means that God has
chosen us to be saved through the sacrifice of Jesus. Election for salvation isn't possible without the Savior Jesus. People are
elected to salvation through Jesus, the Savior. Without Him, election isn't possible.
Without God's choosing, sinners left to their own sinful free will, will never come to Christ because they are
not capable of coming to Him on their own.
The unregenerated is
- ...wicked and deceitful heart (Jer. 17:9)
- ...full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
- ...loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).
- ...does not seek for God and is a hater of God who does no good (Rom. 3:10-12)
- ...ungodly (Rom. 5:6).
- ...dead in his sins (Eph. 2:1).
- ...by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).
- ...cannot receive spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).
- ...a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).
Therefore, election means that God has chosen us for salvation through the work of Christ, not without it.